1) When you get married make sure that she or he is the one for you. If your love, trust and feelings for the person you marry are strong enough, then you can survive all sorts of temptations to cheat.
2) Accept the fact that you are no more a Single. You are married and it is your responsibility to honor the vows you have taken at the time of marriage.
3)Do not hide your marital status with anyone, let your colleagues and friends know that you are happily married and use all opportunities to show off your husband or wife.
4) Do not put yourself in the position where you are alone with the opposite sex. This can lead to temptations to cheat or being taken advantage of you by the opposite sex.
5) If someone is making advances let them know that you not interested because you are happily married and have eyes only for your husband or wife. Be stern with the way you turn them down. Let them get the message that you are off limits for them. Do not talk about problems you are having with your spouse with someone of the opposite sex.
6) Avoid Drugs and Alcohol as these can make you do things which you may regret later.
7) Always keep your Spouse informed about what is happening in your life. Be honest and let him not wonder what you are hiding.
8) Have a clear understanding on what Consequences or impact of Infidelity in relationships apart from the danger of pregnancy or STD’s. Think of what may happen if your spouse finds out and if an affair is really worth in front of what you stand to lose. Also, think how you would feel if your spouse cheated on you. That should help you to keep away from cheating your spouse.
9) Tend to all aspects of the relationship. Address all problems in your relationship without delay and find solutions. Be it marital boredom, financial troubles or anything else it has to be solved immediately. Spend quality time with your partner regularly and mutually work together in building up the relationship.
In short, Cheating is not something that just happens or something which is not in a person’s control. But it is up to you to decide if you want to respect the commitment made to your spouse by staying faithful or betray their trust by cheating on them.
Do you have any tips on how to stay faithful to a husband or wife and avoid marital infidelity? Feel free to add them as comments.